Monday, 18 May 2015

P2M1D1

Goal 1
I aim to complete my business management and accounting degree (4 years)
Strategy 1
I will attend Brunel University and undertake my Business Management and Accounting degree with a sandwich year
Deadline
This will be completed in 4.5 years time
Development needs
I will have to improve my punctuality and independent working abilities, I will have to be more business minded and become a lot more motivated in order to be successful in completing my degree.

I will be attending Brunel University in September 2015, I will be taking a Degree in Business Management and accounting, this is a 4 year course with a placement in the third year, I have gained access onto this course by being predicted the highest grades possible for my current course which is the Level 3 BTEC in Business studies, I will complete this course in 2019, I have chose this course because I feel as though it can send me in the right direction to a career in the business world in which I would like to become an ICAEW chartered accountant. . I feel I have travelled a long distance since beginning this course as i only achieved a Merit in Level 2 business studies at my secondary school, as I am set to achieve the highest grades possible, this shoes the distance I have travelled since leaving school. 

Goal 2
Complete placement year at university
Strategy 2
Use my university effectively in order to gain a very good placement in a large company such as Goldman Sachs.
Deadline 2
2018
Development needs
I will have to gain the best grades possible in order to have a good opportunity at gaining a good placement, I will have to be motivated and prove myself as to why the university should give me a placement in a good company. 

I have chosen a course with a placement year because I feel this can give me a great deal of experience for when I leave university and wish to gain a full time job, I feel that if I prove myself that I could possibly gain a career in the company I work for, this will be completed in the third year of my course at university and this will be set up by the university to suit my aspirations and desires. I wish for my placement to be in assurance and audit as this is what I intend on doing when I leave university as this seems like a very interesting role. The university will help me choose where this will be taken but as previously mentioned I wish to work for a company along the likes of Goldman Sachs. 
This again shows his far I have come since I left school after completing my GCSE's, when I was at school I wanted to be a PE teacher but by completing this course I have decided that a job in the business world as a high profile accountant definitely seems like the role for me

Goal 3
Gain a full time job 
Strategy
Use my degree and experience gained in the placement year to gain the best jib possible. 
Deadline
2020
Development needs
I will have to gain the best degree grade possible, this is to beat off competition for the roles that lots of people will be competing for, my experience gained will hopefully help me as these companies will be looking for experience within the role or they will be looking for those with transferable skills, I will have to maintain a High level of attendance and punctuality, a huge willingness and I will have to learn fast to make sure that I am of best use to the company as possible. 

I wish to gain a high profile role as an accountant in London working globally, to do this I have to have the best possible grade in my degree and I will have to prove myself impeccably in order to make the company want to hire me once I finish the degree, I wish for a role like this as it seems exciting, high pressure and smashing targets, the sound of this excites me and in a high profile role, I feel this suits me down to a tee. As previously mentioned, I have travelled a long distance since leaving school, this is because I once wanted to be a PE teacher but I feel I have travelled a long distance in the aspect that I have found my ideal career oath, I joined harlow college as I felt that It was a good transition as I previously done A Levels but did not enjoy the courses I chose, once I came to harlow college I found a great deal of enjoyment in doing business studies and I decided this was the career path I wanted to go down. 

Goal 4 
Climb up the ranks within the organisation i work for
Strategy
Be the best I can be to impress senior management and lush them to give me a promotion 
Deadline
2025
Development needs
I will have to use all the skills I have learned whilst on the job to prove to the senior management why I deserve to gain a promotion, I will have to be excellent in everything I do and be extremely willing to out in the hard graft in order to climb up the ladder. 

Within the job i work at, I wish to gain a promotion because I feel as though I would enjoy having the power in the business to make decisions, the sound if this excites me and I feel this is what I want to be able to do, I want to do this within 5 years if beginning work for the company as this means I can gain a great understanding if the company, this also gives me a lot of time to prove myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment