Monday, 18 May 2015

P3 skills audit

Skills I need to work on
Punctuality: after speaking to the manager if the business team, I have taken it under my initiative to work a lot harder on being more punctual, I realised this was a real issue and that it had to be improved. Recently my punctuality has improved, however, further improvements could be made as sometimes I am still not in time, I know this still needs to be worked on, however, it is not as much of a concern as it was a few months ago. 

Explaining: sometimes I find it hard explaining certain things, when I am asked to describe something or if I am describing something to a group of individuals i stutter or get lost for words, this problem has developed in the last year, I know that I need to improve upon this as if I am giving a presentation, I cannot stutter or get lost for words, I will have to be fluent. I feel that I could improve this by speaking slower, taking more breaths and explaining things slowly and surely rather than rapidly and hard it understand.

Record data: in my years of education, I have never really been the type of person to take notes or record lectures, this is mainly because I have a good memory and I have a good understanding if what the teacher is feeling me, however, I feel that if I took notes and recorded what the teacher was saying then I would find it a lot easier to perform tasks and write about things because I have notes and all the information is right in front of me. 

Listening: I often get distracted , this has often led to me not understanding the task that needs to be performed and I often become the person who is distracting everyone else, this is because I am very talkative, however, if this was improved then i would complete tasks a lot more quickly and efficiently as well as helping others complete tasks more quickly .

Time management: I often leave things to the last moment and usually end up regretting it, if I planned the things that have to do and devised a plan or order to perform the tasks in and times to have them complete by, then I would have completed the tasks/course a lot sooner, this has become a problem over the last few years, if I improved on this then I would be a lot more organised.

My skills 
Communication: I am very string at communicating and have developed these skills through my kart time jobs, through communicating effectively, the job becomes a lot easier to understand and effectively becomes a lot easier to do. 

Confidence: I am known by my peers as a confident individual, I am able to talk to anyone confidently about anything, this has always been a skill and I have never been one to shy away from a challenge, I often take lead roles in group tasks and enjoy doing this. My confidence helps me massively when doing presentations and this is a key skill to have in the business world.

Adapt to different situations: in my job I have learned to work in lots of different areas effectively making me an innovative member of the team, this is a good skill to have and by learning about how to perform these job roles, I become more employable as I can work in different areas at a good level.

Creativity: I am an extremely creative individual and often like to get involved in the creative side of this course, I strongly enjoyed the create your own business and project management unit as it allowed me to be creative and take the lead in the team, this has always been a skill of mine and I enjoy getting creative and active. By being creative, It helps me create a lot of ideas of how to move forward and make good decisions.

Motivated: for a long time now I have understood what job role I wish to pursue in the future, this has helped me create a pathway in order to gain the qualifications required in order to be successful in gaining a jib in this role and it has made me extremely motivated to do the best i can in order to get a job in the city in accountancy/investment banking. By being motivated I know exactly what I have to do and how to do it.

Strengths
I am a confident individual with a lot of drive
I am very motivated and I know exactly which oath way I have to follow
I am very innovative and can adapt to lots of different situations and be positive in each if this situations
I am a very strong communicator and have gained large amount of recognition for this.

Weaknesses
My punctuality is my main weakness and has become a cause for concern
I often get distracted which is also a cause for concern
I have poor time management and often leave things to the last minute
I am not very good at explaining things however I know where improvements must be made

Opportunities
I still have a large amount of education time left before I enter the real world
I have a placement year where I can gain a lot of skills 
I will be living at university therefore making it a lot easier to be punctual 
University will help me gain the skills and valuable knowledge required to be successful in the real world.

Threats
If improvements are not made, I could be kicked off the course
I could get sacked on my placement year which will not look good on me
I could gain a bad reference
I will not gain the best grade possible

No comments:

Post a Comment