Personal Statement
The winners in life are those who say things like I can, I will and I am, I am one of those winners and concentrate hard on pushing myself to the limits to decrease the amount of weaknesses I have and change those into strengths. I have a passion for business and have done so for many years now, this is because I am interested in money, the ways in which businesses make money and fight competition, I feel this as I work in an extremely competitive business environment due to the constant fight for customers and profit between the supermarkets. I feel like a degree in Business Management and Finance can put me on the right track to a job in the banking world such as a role in investment banking or accounting. I am comfortable in knowing I will have to fightfor roles that lots of people wish to occupy; this is a power driver in my mind as I believe I have the potential to fight off competition and push myself to the limits to climb the ladder in any business.
I am currently undertaking the Vocational Level 3 BTEC in Business Studies. I have enjoyed doing the accounting moduleas it was very realistic due to the fact I was doing profit and loss accounts and cash flow forecasts for a business, I then created different situations and noticed how they would influence these such as changing the cost of wages per month which would influence profits. I also enjoyed taking part in the creating my own business module, this interested me as it enabled me to be creative and come up with an idea which I felt could make money, we had to create a thorough business plan to show to a bank manager, I also had to create my own profit and loss accounts and a cash flow forecast to see if we can successfully run the business and make a profit, as well as this I had to research all of the legal and financial aspects of running a business which was an obstacle in creating the business. I have a big interest of the business world, this makes learning about the subject enjoyable and less tedious, this course has helped widen my skill set and has made me a much better learner, I have learnt key skills such as working independently and having to research to help me complete tasks, I have also learnt presentation skills and now feel much more comfortable presenting in front of an audience. The project management unit also helped my team working abilities and in this unit I was Project Manager in my group which gave me the power to make decisions to help the team complete the tasks efficiently and effectively, I did this by communicating the tasks clearly and ensured the team members understood what they needed to do. I enjoyed the leadership role and it felt good when the project wascomplete. I am currently the student rep in my college class which gives me a large amount of responsibility to make sure everyone’s voice is heard and to help try to improve the college. I have previously been named as student of the month; this is because of my hard work and ability to help other students achieve the highest grades possible.
Outside of College I currently have part time employment at Asda in Harlow as a Checkouts Operator and a Self-Service Host; both of these roles involve working in a fast paced environment. Through working at Asda, I have gained great confidence and many skills such as organisation, integrity andadaptation. I have to communicate effectively and efficiently with my supervisor to resolve any problems that may occur.Recently, I have been given more responsibility when working as I have been trusted to train new employees both on the checkouts and the self service checkouts; this has given me a great sense of confidence and self belief. Asda has helped me gain excellent customer services skills and has enhanced my knowledge of a business environment.
I am an extremely keen sportsman and particularly enjoy playing Football; I have also played Rugby, cricket, athletics, cross country and golf. Another interest of mine is attending the gym; I do this at least four times a week and this is my main hobby. Asides from sports, I go to the cinemas at least twice a month and enjoy watching any genre, my favouritegenres are comedy and action films.
At University I am particularly looking forward to meeting new people, taking part in extracurricular activities to potentially learn new things and possibly find more hobbies and interests. I also wish to represent the university for some of the sports teams; this could also widen my knowledge onsports and I could find a new sport that I like and enjoy participating in. I also look forward to the work placement asthis is a great opportunity to gain experience in the workplace which is crucial for when I finish University.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou have to look forward to the many of the opportunity which are present there and which are generally going to create out more of the interest in business in future, then it would of course be so easy for you to move forward. personal statement business and management
ReplyDelete